In the wake of a recent event, where some individuals and ministers allegedly represented 120 crore Indians for their own political, individual interests and made the mountain out of a mole. Those entities’ accusation of disrespecting the Indian flag and hurting religious sentiments of 120 crore Indians against Chris Martin and Coldplay was retaliated big time by those people out of 120 crore Indians who are present on the Internet and social media. 120 crore Indians 1-0 Politicians.
Last time there was a controversy over this law when comedian Kiku Sharda was sent to jail because he mimicked some baba. Politics 2-0 Freedom of Speech.
What SECTION 295A HURTING RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS actually means?
Deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs.— Whoever, with deliberate and malicious intention of outraging the religious feelings of any class of citizens of India, by words, either spoken or written, or by signs or by visible representations or otherwise, insults or attempts to insult the religion or the religious beliefs of that class, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both
How is it used in India to suppress freedom of speech and humor?
At the Global Citizen India Festival, Chris Martin tucked the tricolor in the back pocket of his pants. And some politicians stooped down to a new low by raising an issue for no valid reason and for their own political interests. After 2-3 days, a lawyer from Delhi lodges a complaint against Chris Martin and Coldplay in Delhi. Later I found out that he has landed in soup before for lodging complaint against prominent personalities to gain attention and publicity. Don’t know where these people are when I see Indian tricolor flags lying on roads after Independence Day & Republic Day. Sore losers!
Earlier, comedian Kiku Sharda was sent to jail for mimicking a baba. Never knew that baba = religion, now! There are so many cases in India where Section 295A has been misused for individual’s own interests.
Augmented reality game Pokemon Go was sued for having an egg in the game and HURTING RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS of millions of vegetarians because normal temples were Pokegyms in the game and it’s blasphemous to the religion for carrying an image of the egg into the temple. Because, fuck logic!
There are so many cases in India where Section 295A has been misused for individual’s or entities’ own interests.
Things government should do –
- Section 295A in IPC is based on some ancient, old-school theories.
- It needs to be recreated with some more logical reasoning.
- Baba(s) and other humans shouldn’t be counted as a religion or religious symbols. After all, they are normal human beings.
- A registry should be created for benchmarking Babas and other entities who can/may represent religion and mimicking them or passing a remark on them may HURT RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS.
- These Babas and entities should be taxed as per the law. Indian spiritual & religious market is estimated to be an unaccounted industry of $30 billion.
- Specific parameters should be explicated for Section 295A as ‘HURTING RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS’ is a very wide and broad concept.
- Penalty against fake cases should be gruesome.
For years, British divided Indian people in the name of religion and ruled us. They even break Indian territory into number of new terrorities by using religion as a weapon. World is already not a very pleasant place to live in, as terrorist organizations and politicians are continously using religion as a weapon of mass destruction. So, let’s strive for working towards humanity, love and make this world a better place to live 🙂